The frell you say?

The news that all Farscapers have been waiting to hear for the last ten years comes courtesy of Aussie website if.com, who reports that former “Farscape” writer Justin Monjo (a New Yorker who moved to Australia, apparently) is currently writing a script for a “Farscape” movie that is set to be directed by Brian Henson.

I kid you not, folks. So what will the movie be about? Glad you asked:

In the finale, the protagonists, American astronaut John Crichton (Ben Browder) and peacekeeper Aeryn Sun (Claudia Black) got married and had a baby. In the movie, it’s revealed the boy had special powers which made him the target of the villainous aliens so his parents hide him on Earth.

The plot follows the kid at the age of 19 when his whereabouts have been discovered and he rejoins his parents on their spaceship. Monjo says the film would be shot in Australia.

So when will this get going, and will it reach theaters? No idea, but given the cult status of “Farscape,” I’m guessing a TV movie and direct-to-Blu-ray is more likely. I just don’t see the movie having big-screen potential, at least not Stateside, which is a crying shame, but there you have it.

And oh, Monjo is also developing a TV show that would star “Game of Thrones’” Peter Dinklage as a dwarf detective in a sci-fi/fantasy series called “The Beasts of Valhalla,” which sounds kind of interesting, too.