HOLLYWOOD star Stephen Rea has blasted the DUP for “f***ing up” Brexit negotiations.

The Crying Game actor is set to thread the boards in London next year when he takes his Cyprus Avenue play to the UK after a successful turn in New York last year.

The Belfast born 72-year-old featured in a moving viral video earlier this year about the effects of a hard border on Northern Ireland in the wake of Brexit.

Speaking to the Irish Sun at Leopardstown Day One today, Rea blasted the Democratic Unionist Party for “f***ing up” Brexit negotiations by fighting against the current deal on the table between the UK and the EU.

He said: “The border video was a wonderful piece which avoided all the bulls**t that all the politicians are giving us.

“It was about generally what it is going to be like for people living with a hard border. It’s very important that we speak out about that.

“A hard border would be awful. It would really be awful. We’ve had a very good time recently. There hasn’t been any trouble. There’s a very good deal being offered where people would have access to Britain and people would have access to the EU but the DUP are f***ng it all up.”

Former Taoiseach Brian Cowan, however, wouldn’t be drawn on a Brexit debate.

The ex-Fianna Fail leader is a regular at Ireland’s racing scene and today told how he loves a Christmas day out at the races.

He told the Irish Sun: “I’m a big fan of the races this time of the year. I go racing most Christmasses. I had a nice quiet Christmas this year and I’m looking forward to the racing today.”

Meanwhile, legendary punter and businessman JP McManus was celebrating today as the aptly-named Le Richebourg romped to victory on Day One of Leopardstown.

Limerick’s McManus claimed the €59,000 top prize from the feature race as jockey Mark Walsh guided the five-year-old bay to a convincing victory.