Agent 47 producer Adrian Askarieh has spoken about his dream of a Square Enix shared universe on film.

When asked if his future adaptation of the Just Cause series could possibly tie in with the recently-released Hitman: Agent 47, Askarieh said, "It could, possibly. It all depends on how successful Hitman is. If Hitman is successful enough, and we can plug other characters into that universe, great. But if – god forbid – it's not, Just Cause will be separate."

He went on to say: "If everything was entirely up to me, it would be Just Cause, Hitman, and Lara Croft in the same universe, and Deus Ex would be the future of that universe and Thief would be the past. Unfortunately, I don't have Lara Croft, and Hitman needs to be a big hit for that to happen. But I think Just Cause can be in the Hitman Universe or it can be on its own."

Askarieh currently owns the rights to Hitman, Deus Ex, Just Cause, and Thief, but not Tomb Raider. While that shared universe might be some time off, he spoke to IGN in more detail about the treatment of Just Cause and why that production is looking specifically to the upcoming Just Cause 3 game for inspiration.