Hilary Duff's new album touches on some personal subjects.

The blonde star's latest offering will be released later this year, and will have her signature pop vibe, as well as featuring some more folky sounds.

Hilary is more than ready to give her fans some new material to enjoy as it's been seven years since she last put out an album.

"The new record is definitely pop, I would want someone to think, ‘Oh, that’s Hilary'. It has a little bit of folk threaded threw it which is cool for me because I’m a Texas girl," Hilary smiled to Fox411.

“A lot of it is upbeat and happy and a lot of it is a little more serious kind of just touching on some of the things that have happened in my life the past few years that I have taken a break. I hope people enjoy it and I hope to make my fans really proud.”

Since bringing out Dignity in 2007, Hilary has married and become a mom. She and spouse Mike Comrie have son Luca, two, but have separated.

Hilary recently stunned on the red carpet at the iHeartRadio Music Festival in Las Vegas in an Anthony Vaccarello dress and Christian Louboutin heels. As well as chatting music, Hilary has also been talking about the role that first made her famous.

The 26-year-old starred as Lizzie McGuire in the hit teen show between 2001 and 2004, and admits revisiting the part may be on the cards.

"I love it! I would be totally open to it," she smiled to Huffington Post. "My schedule is a little busy right now. But um… why not?

"I mean, so many people loved [Lizzie]. I loved her. Honestly, working on that show, I got so strong with my physical comedy and all the things that they would throw at me."