The composer had quit the genre after 2016's 'Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice.'

Two years after retiring from the superhero business, Hans Zimmer is set to make his return to the genre.

Zimmer will score director Simon Kinberg’s upcoming X-Men: Dark Phoenix later this year.

Zimmer announced in March 2016 that he wouldn’t be working on any more superhero movies after Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice, saying that after so long inside the genre, he’d had his fill. “I did Batman Begins with Chris [Nolan] 12 years ago, so The Dark Knight Trilogy might be three movies to you, to me it was 11 years of my life," he said, adding that BvS “was very hard for me to do, to try to find new language.”

Apparently, the chance to relax did wonders. Dark Phoenix star Evan Peters revealed the news on MTV's Happy Sad Confused podcast, immediately adding, “I don’t know if I was supposed to say that or not.”

Zimmer, fresh off an Oscar nomination for Nolan's Dunkirk, steps into the shoes of John Ottman, who composed the score for both 2016’s X-Men: Apocalypse and its predecessor, X-Men: Days of Future Past and is working on the Queen biopic Bohemian Rhapsody.

Fox's X-Men: Dark Phoenix opens Nov. 2.