Guy Pearce was hidden behind a lot of questionable age makeup in Ridley Scott's Alien prequel, Prometheus, yet still managed to bring some chops to his portrayal of Peter Weyland – the man who wanted to live forever. With Prometheus 2 looming in the not to distant future, and The Rover making the rounds at the moment, it seems as good a time as any to ask whether Peter Weyland will return for the further voyages of Elizabeth Shaw and David!

IGN was the brave outlet to approach the subject, and as always, Guy Pearce took it with charm and grace. Will Peter Weyland return? More than likely not, according to Pearce – who remembers, as well as we do, that David's head was used by an Engineer to knock Peter Weyland into an overdue grave. However, much like we do, Mr. Pearce also acknowledges that the technology in Prometheus 2 could help bring him back in some way, as he said:
I think it's possible. I just think it may not be for Peter Weyland. I mean, who knows? When you look at science fiction and the ways in which you can cut the pie and things can develop -- technologically speaking, etcetera -- anything's possible, really, isn't it?

Guy Pearce has faith in Ridley Scott coming up with some sort of awesome way for a Weyland relative (or replicant?) to make their way into Prometheus 2, and even expressed enthusiasm to get the chance to work with the legendary director on a sequel. But does the audience have faith that it'll jive with whatever story screenwriters Michael Green (Green Lantern) and Jack Paglen (Transcendence) will come up with? As if people didn't already joke about Damon Lindelof's presence in the writer's room on the first film, we now have a script being written by the men behind two of Warner Bros biggest under-performers of recent years. This gives me pause, because I thought Ridley Scott was trying to bring people to his sequel, not chase them away.

While it's still a little off in the distance, Prometheus 2 could definitely benefit from some more Guy Pearce action. Even when he's chewing scenery, the man just has an air about him that makes it all the more enjoyable to watch. What's more, with the rumor of multiple Michael Fassbenders in the next film, this could be an opportunity for the creation to lord himself over his creator/father. After all, if Peter Weyland does come back as a replicant/synthetic human, David would finally be on equal – if not superior – footing over his once human father. I know this is all about the Alien franchise and all, but I seriously want that Blade Runner crossover to happen, so Weyland and David can have their own two handed spinoff where creator and creation square off for the full film. If I were Guy Pearce, I'd be getting my agent on the phone and pitching this idea at once. After contacting Cinema Blend management for the film rights, of course.

Prometheus 2 has been heavily hinted/pseudo confirmed for a March 4, 2016 release date.