"Trust me, the women in this room tonight are not here for the food. We are here for the work," the actress joked during her acceptance speech.

Frances McDormand took home the Golden Globe for best performance by an actress in a motion picture drama on Sunday night for Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri.

The actress beat out Jessica Chastain (Molly's Game), Sally Hawkins (The Shape of Water), Meryl Streep (The Post) and Michelle Williams (All the Money in the World).

"Well I have a few things to say," McDormand was quick to joke when beginning her acceptance speech, before adding, "I'm gonna keep it short, because we've been here a long time and we need some tequila. All you ladies in this category... tequila's on me."

The actress then joked that while she's thankful for the HFPA, she is unsure on who they truly are. "I'm still not quite sure who they are when I run into them, for the last 35 years, but I love seeing their faces and, let's face it, they managed to elect a female president."

McDormand also took a moment to address the Time's Up movement, saying, " Some of you may know, I keep my politics private, but it was really great to be in this room tonight... Trust me, the women in this room tonight are not here for the food. We are here for the work."

Seth Meyers hosted the 75th annual Golden Globe Awards, which took place at the Beverly Hilton on Jan. 7.