From Kevin Spacey’s bleeped-out acceptance speech to the quickest red carpet quips, here are our favourite soundbites from the 2015 Golden Globes

‘I’m very pleased not to have ended up the Susan Lucci of the Golden Globes’

Kevin Spacey, on winning his first Golden Globe after eight nominations

"This is just the beginning of my revenge ... this is the eighth time I’ve been nominated. I can’t fucking believe I won."

The rapper Common on being part of the film Selma

"As I got to know the people of the Civil Rights movement, I realised, I am the hopeful black woman who was denied her right to vote. I am the caring white supporter killed on the front lines of freedom. I am the unarmed black kid who maybe needed a hand, but instead was given a bullet. I am the two fallen police officers murdered in the line of duty."

Joanne Froggatt to the rape survivor who wrote to her following her award-winning storyline on Downton Abbey

"I’d just like to say, I heard you, and I hope saying this so publicly means, in some way, you feel the world hears you."

Host Tina Fey on the recent film release Into the Woods

"Sleeping Beauty just thought she was getting coffee with Bill Cosby."

Co-host Amy Poehler on Patricia Arquette’s win for Boyhood

"She has proved that there are still great roles for women over 40 as long as you get hired when you’re under 40."

Maggie Gyllenhaal, accepting her award for The Honourable Woman

"When I look around the room at the women who are in here and I think about the performances I’ve watched this year, what I see actually are women who are sometimes powerful, sometimes not, sometimes sexy, sometimes not, sometimes honourable, sometimes not ... that’s what I think is revolutionary, evolutionary, and that’s what’s turning me on."

Billy Bob Thornton on how he’ll celebrate his win for Fargo

"I’m not much of a drinker, so I’m going to eat seven pounds of pork."

Best TV actress nominee Lena Dunham on her red carpet look

"I’m wearing Zac Posen, my former babysitter. I’m sure my parents paid him $4.75 an hour – it was the late 90s."

Human rights lawyer Amal Clooney on her long white gloves

"The gloves are just my own."

Chris Pratt on his mixed marriage – he’s on NBC, his wife is on CBS

"We plan to raise our children HBO."

Tina Fey introducing award presenter Oprah

"Our next presenter is a woman known by only one name: Winfrey!"

Presenter Bill Hader misquoting Titanic

"Who could forget that famous line in Titanic when the boat’s sinking and Leonard Dicaprio is like, ‘Guys, guys, guys, relaaax’?"

Amy Poehler on running times

"When the producers tell you you’re running long, there’s only one thing to do: please welcome Matthew McConaughey!"

And the worst quote of the night award goes to ...

Jeremy Renner, addressing his co-presenter Jennifer Lopez’s chest

"You’ve got the Globes, too."

Source: The Guardian.