GEMMA Collins was seen taking a tumble as the Dancing On Ice contestants struggled in rehearsals for the new series.

The Towie star, 37, was giving it her best shot but lost her footing before tumbling to the floor.

Gemma, who wore head to toe black and had her blonde hair scraped up into a bun, looked enthusiastic as she took to the ice.

However, lost her balance and hit the ice hard.

She was then seen sitting down and clutching her knee after the nasty fall.

Still she was not the only contestant who found themselves struggling - plenty of other Dancing on Ice stars looked a bit wobbly too.

Former England cricketer Ryan Sidebottom also took a tumble and was seen lying on the ice with his legs up in the air.

EastEnders star Richard Blackwood managed not to fall, but he did look like he was struggling to stay upright.

Pussycat Doll Melody Thornton had help to stay on her feet from two pros as she practised for the big show.

Meanwhile Toby Anstis is the latest famous face to join the cast of Dancing On Ice as a back-up skater for the second year in a row.

The Sun Online can reveal the radio DJ is so devoted to the job, he’s been training every day after coming off air at Heart FM.

Toby, 47, was signed up to the show last year and was on standby should any of the stars pull out.

The line-up for this series was confirmed in full last month, with Gemma and Richard leading the star-studded cast.

Last week, Love Island hunk Wes Nelson admitted he felt like the most nervous contestant and said Towie legend Gemma would “wipe the floor with him”.

He explained: “Gemma Collins is going to wipe the floor with me, I'm super intimidated.

“I've been looking at the line up thinking 'oh my gosh!' Of course you'll be seeing my hips on the ice and the hips don't lie.”