JEREMY Vine admitted he can "understand" Seann Walsh and Katya Jones' passionate kiss after he developed "feelings" for Karen Clifton.

The 53-year-old presenter was paired up with the stunning Venezuelan dancer, 36, on 2015's Strictly Come Dancing - when Karen was married to fellow pro Kevin Clifton.

Speaking on his Channel 5 show yesterday, Jeremy, who has been married to wife Rachel Schofield for 16 years, revealed that spending eight or nine hours a day with his dance partner in a rehearsal room was "powerful".

He confessed: "I thought, gosh, I can see why this happens because you go into a completely different space.

"For me, I hadn't done any dancing. Suddenly I'm seeing someone who is like a goddess - super human."

He added: "The power and the strength and grace of that person, and then you are spending eight, nine hours a day within two inches of them.

"It's a powerful thing, that's all I can say. I thought, 'I don't know what I'm feeling here.'"

While sharing his own experience, Jeremy also revealed his wife Rachel's hilarious response to his "different space".

He said: "She was quite cool about it, cool as in relaxed because I think she was quoting Sybil Fawlty who said, 'For goodness sake Basil, do you really think a woman like that would be interested in a brilliantine stick insect like you?'"

Jeremy's comments come after comedian Seann Walsh, 32, and dancer Katya, 29, who is married to fellow Strictly pro Neil Jones, were pictured kissing on a night out.

Addressing the kiss last night, Seann's girlfriend Rebecca Humphries revealed that she has now moved out of the home they shared in West London and taken the cat.

She went on to claim he left her at home on her birthday to go out with the dancer and "aggressively" called her a "psycho" when she voiced her suspicions about Katya.

But his drunken snog with the Russian has caused fury backstage at Strictly, with show judges preferring them to be booted off.

Panellists Craig Revel Horwood, Bruno Tonioli, Shirley Ballas and Darcey Bussell, think it will be hard for the couple to continue.

The incident, on Rebecca’s birthday last Wednesday, has also divided Strictly’s professional dancers.

Karen Clifton, who cheated on husband Kevin last year, is said to be supporting Katya through the scandal.

But others feel for Katya’s husband Neil — also a dancer on the show.

A Strictly source said: "It’s caused a real divide in the camp. Neil is genuinely one of the nicest guys you’d meet and it’s embarrassing for everyone.

"The judges think it’s unfortunate and will be hard for them to continue. It’s a real shame as their dance on Saturday was brilliant — now the focus has shifted entirely."

Seann and Katya issued social media apologies for their behaviour on Sunday, blaming the kiss on booze.