Michael B. Jordan may be inspired by Batman, but he's keeping mum on his own potential superhero future.

The "Fruitvale Station" actor has been widely rumored as the next Human Torch in Josh Trank's "Fantastic Four" reboot, but when we asked him about it at GQ's Men of the Year party on Tuesday, he deflected with a smile.

Michael B. Jordan Wants To 'Tackle All Angles' Of The Industry Like Ben Affleck
"I don't know!" he grinned on the red carpet, agreeing with tight lips that he wasn't quite ready to discuss the project.

What he did open up about, however, was someone he considers not only a "cool guy" but one of his industry idols: Ben Affleck.

"I love Ben Affleck," he said at the event, where he was being honored as the mag's Breakout of the Year. "He's definitely somebody that I respect his opinion and I pick his brain whenever I get a chance."

The annual issue also features Matthew McConaughey, Will Ferrell, Justin Timberlake, Kendrick Lamar and James Gandolfini.

With "That Awkward Moment," co-starring Zac Efron and Miles Teller, due in January, Jordan is setting his sights on what next year has in store. "I want to do a lot," he said, "and hopefully I won't let you guys down. It's gonna be a fun journey and I hope you guys enjoy it."

Before starring in the critical darling "Fruitvale Station," Jordan made a name for himself on the beloved TV series "Friday Night Lights" and "The Wire." Now, as Oscar buzz continues to grow around him, Jordan is doing his best to keep his head down.

"I don't listen," he said of widespread speculation surrounding his awards season chances. "I usually cover my ears and run that way! It's always trying to manage expectations -- you just show up and do the work. After it's a wrap, there's not much you can do about it. Just gotta ride the wave and take everything as it comes. That's the best way, I think, to handle it."