Is The Evil Dead Sequel "Already Dead"?

Well thing certainly don’t sound too good right about now. I thought they would jump at the opportunity to capitalize on the success of the remake with a sequel, but it appears that may not be the case what with the announcement of a TV show.

Recently the folks over at Arrow in the Head, caught up with remake star Jane Levy, and she mentioned the following regarding the sequel;

I don’t think they’re gonna make it. I mean, they’re always coming up with a new thing – now I hear they’re making a TV show. I was like, what? [Laughs] I think they just like exciting their fans and confusing them. I honestly don’t know, but it doesn’t seem like there’s going to be an Evil Dead 2 anytime soon. At least, not with me in it.
I think Levy hit the nail on the head here. Sam Raimi loves teasing the fans regarding potential Evil Dead films and of course confusing the hell out of us. So, where do we stand? Is the TV show still on the way, and how about "Army of Darkness II"? Well, I guess it’s anyone’s guess, but it certainly is an exciting time especially with all this talk of Evil Dead!