Evan Peters, who plays Quicksilver in the X-Men films, says he "would love" to star in a solo Quicksilver movie. Peters has portrayed the mutant speedster in two X-Men movies, and will reprise the role in Dark Phoenix. Peters also had a cameo as the character in Deadpool 2.

The actor made his debut as Quicksilver in 2011's X-Men: Days of Future Past wherein his character is recruited by a time-traveling Wolverine on a mission to change history and defeat the Sentinels. In the sequel, X-Men: Apocalypse, Quicksilver aids the X-Men in saving the world from Apocalypse. By the end of the film, Quicksilver joins the X-Men alongside Cyclops, Jean Grey, Storm, and Nightcrawler. Quicksilver is expected to be more mature and more focused on being a hero when he returns in Dark Phoenix.

In an interview with Entertainment Tonight, Peters said he "would love" to play the character in a solo film. Peters said, "I think that would be so fun. I love the special effects and the sequences and I love working with all those guys, so in one second I would do that."

Though on the surface a Quicksilver movie may seem unlikely, the number of solo films in the X-Men universe in the works at 20th Century Fox does seem to make the idea even more plausible. Fox is releasing a Gambit film in June of 2019. The studio is also developing Kitty Pryde, Multiple Man, and X-23, though no dates for any of the three movies have been announced. As Peters' Quicksilver has grown to become a fan-favorite character, it may not seem so far-fetched that Quicksilver could eventually receive his own movie.

Peter Maximoff getting his own film would show a remarkable contrast between Fox and Marvel concerning their interest in the mutant speedster. Aaron Taylor-Johnson's Quicksilver was killed off in Avengers: Age of Ultron, his MCU debut. Fans of the hero were upset that the character was underused in the MCU, whereas his sister Scarlet Witch has gone on to play major roles in Captain America: Civil War and Avengers: Infinity War. Fans are hoping that Quicksilver will make a comeback in Avengers 4 through the use of time travel.

Peters' Quicksilver has been far more prominent than the MCU version of the character. Unlike the MCU, the X-Men films are able to explore his relationship with his father, Magneto. A Quicksilver movie could dive deeper into that relationship than past films.