EMMERDALE viewers were shocked tonight as Jacob tried pressuring Liv into having sex with him at a teen birthday party.

Desperate to lose his virginity amid his worrying relationship with teacher Maya, Jacob candidly asked Liv if she would sleep with him.

Stunned by his direct approach, Liv declined his advances and steered clear from him for the rest of Gabby's birthday party in the Dales.

Viewers were disturbed by the scene, writing on Twitter: "what the hell have i just watched... i swear this jacob storyline is getting worse every episode. is there anyway we can skip to the end of it? #emmerdale.

"what the hell have i just watched... why is jacob dragging liv into his business #emmerdale.

"No no no! Jacob, what are you playing at? Liv don’t do it 🤦♀️ #Emmerdale.

"To me sounds like rape what Jacob doing FFS say no Liv !! #Emmerdale."

Jacob was soon snogging the birthday girl on the sofa as his dad David and his girlfriend Maya made there way to the party to check up on him.

Maya spotted Jacob just before he headed upstairs with Gabby and she was clearly jealous he was showing attention to someone else.

Last night viewers were outraged as they thought Maya looked "secretly pleased" that Jacob walked in on her having sex with David.

Concerned viewers flocked to Twitter over the "nasty" teacher's reaction - following weeks of watching her grooming her boyfriend's 15-year-old son.

The schoolboy found his dad and semi-naked Maya getting frisky behind the sofa, with David using a pillow to cover his modesty.

David told his stunned son: "Busted. Sorry mate, I didn't think that you would be back for ages" but Maya bit her lip and appeared to smile.

On Wednesday night fans begged the schoolboy to report Maya as she continued to groom the teen.

The uncomfortable scenes have previously seen Maya – who is played by Louisa Clein in the ITV soap – kiss David's son.

And David's girlfriend has been putting Jacob through the emotional ringer, screaming at him when she found out that he had confided in Ellis about his feelings for an older woman.

Maya screamed at Jacob: "What possessed you Jacob! I thought you were special, mature, but I was wrong. You are just a stupid needy little boy."