Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson has been in the headlines over the last week or so for polarizing comments that he didn’t even say, in a published interview. But this time, we’re going to talk about something Johnson actually did say, and did so on national TV. We’re here to talk about a pie-in-the-sky project that will never see the light of day, but damn, wouldn’t it be fun?

In a clip from his new TV series “Titan Games” (it’s a thing…I think), Johnson is acting all muscle-y, as he’s known to do, and is holding a giant sledgehammer. Of course, since it’s 2019, when movie fans see a large, muscular star holding a big hammer, you automatically think of the Marvel Cinematic Universe and, more specifically, the God of Thunder, Thor.

But there’s a problem. You see, The Rock isn’t part of the MCU. But he does have his own billion-dollar franchise that he thinks could benefit from a booster shot of Thor – “Fast & Furious.”

Johnson explains in the clip:

“I know why my buddy Chris Hemsworth likes putting on that Thor costume. I mean, there’s real power in wielding a hammer like this. I got an idea, guys. How about we make a ‘Thor’ and ‘Fast & Furious’ movie, you guys want to do that? Where the God of Thunder, Thor himself, he comes flying in and then wham! He gets stopped by the real God of Thunder. Box office gold. Hashtag Thor hits the floor. You’re welcome, Chris. He’s gonna text me later.”

Now, we must admit, the idea of a “Thor/Fast & Furious” mega-crossover film does sound ludicrous and impossible. There’s absolutely no way that Universal and Disney would ever make this happen. That being said, let’s have fun for a minute, and imagine a world where this could exist. And given the way the latest ‘Fast’ films are headed, it’s not out of the realm of possibility that the God of Thunder could make an appearance.

I’m guessing that the potential crossover flick would end with Hemsworth being killed tragically, with The Rock left to lift the hammer. And yes, he’s worthy. Leading to Luke Hobbs becoming the MCU’s new Thor. Can you imagine a new Thor franchise with characters from “Fast & Furious” peppered throughout? Sounds like a great way to entice Taika Waititi back into the fold.

Alas, this will never happen, but it does provide a little Friday afternoon distraction, and probably a million new fan fiction stories.