THE Greatest Dancer has yet to hit TV screens but it’s already providing its fair share of drama.

Insiders tell me that rival “dance captains” Cheryl Tweedy and Oti Mabuse are already frosty after failing to hit it off on set.

And some proper tension is exactly what this sort of reality TV is desperately missing.

A well-placed source at the show told me: “Cheryl clearly sees herself as the bigger name, even though Oti has impeccable dance credentials. It’s created a real atmosphere.

“Cheryl arrived with such an air of superiority — a few of the crew thought she was being a bit of a diva.

“Oti has years of dance competition experience alongside Strictly where she’s been massively popular with fans – but has absolutely no ego at all. They didn’t seem to gel and it was pretty uncomfortable.”

The duo will join Glee’s Matthew Morrison on the show, choosing from competing wannabes who they’ll mentor — alongside hosts Alesha Dixon and Diversity dancer Jordan Banjo.

Despite her undeniable talents as a mover, Cheryl’s latest performance, on Michael McIntyre’s TV show this weekend, saw her perform her cringe-worthy hand lick as she sang Love Made Me Do It in bizarre baggy boots.

Show boss Simon Cowell is hoping the BBC1 dance series will prove a major success when it launches early next year.

Cheryl and Oti were quick to insist they do get on, while a spokesman for the show said bosses are delighted with their chemistry on set.

Whatever the party line, let’s hope a bit of the backstage frostiness makes its way onto our screens and kicks some much-needed attitude into the show.