Guy Ritchie has had an excellent working relationship with Warner Bros for years thanks to movies like Sherlock Holmes, Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows and The Man From U.N.C.L.E. His latest endeavor with the studio is King Arthur: Legend of the Sword, but to any of you who might have wondered Ritchie will hop over to the DC Extended Universe at some point, which also rest under the Warner Bros umbrella, that won't happen anytime soon due to his bust schedule. However, if he had the opportunity to jump into the world of DC, Ritchie believes he would be a good fit for Suicide Squad 2. When asked if he would ever consider directing a DC movie, Ritchie said:

I quite fancy doing Suicide Squad 2 because I felt like I could do a good job with it. I can't do it because I'm doing something else...but I felt like I could really do something with that.

Guy Ritchie also mentioned that he's not an "absolutist" about what a genre is, and because he likes to work, he's often says yes when it comes accepting projects, just as long as he can make them interesting and different. With that in mind, Suicide Squad 2 piqued his interest, but alas, it's not to be. But like the Variety interviewer suggested, maybe the Warner Bros folks could have a chat with him years from now about Suicide Squad 3...if any of you wish to think that far in advance.

Looking at the Suicide Squad's history and what David Ayer did with the movie last year, Guy Ritchie's trademark frantic energy and attitude could do wonders for the team of super villains-turned-government operatives. Ritchie already has plenty of experience with action-led movies, so moving into superhero territory isn't that big of a jump. Unfortunately for those who like the sound of this pairing, you'll just have to imagine what it would like. Ritchie is about to start working on Disney's live action Aladdin movie, which is being written by John August, and as of last month had Will Smith in the running to play Genie.

Suicide Squad 2 is one of the many DCEU movies in some form of development, and since David Ayer is shifting gears to Gotham City Sirens (which will star Squad member Harley Quinn), the director's chair is currently vacant. Mel Gibson, Ruben Fleischer and Jonathan Levine are some of the candidates who've been rumored for the job in recent months. Adam Cozad will write the script, but no other details about the sequel have been revealed.

Suicide Squad 2 doesn't have a release date yet, but stay tuned to CinemaBlend for more updates on its progress. As for Guy Ritchie, you can see how he fared with Arthurian legend when King Arthur: Legend of the Sword comes out next Friday, May 12.