SOCIAL media went wild when the cast of Dawson’s Creek reunited for the show’s 20th anniversary. However, there were two glaring omissions — Dawson’s parents.

Entertainment Weekly assembled their onscreen son James Van Der Beek as well as Katie Holmes, Joshua Jackson, Michelle Williams, Mary Beth Peil, Kerr Smith, Meredith Monroe, and Busy Philipps.

Humes and Shipp (who played Gail and Mitch Leery) took to social media to share their disappointment at being overlooked.

“Okay, so let me get this off my chest as the initial hurt has subsided just a bit,” Humes, 63, wrote on Instagram.

“This was their choice ... not ours ... it was done behind our backs and we both were literally blindsided by it when we woke up yesterday in NYC and LA ... we both did a short telephone interview after the fact but were never told about the reunion ... Such a shame.”

Shipp, 63, saw the funny side though and photoshopped the pair into the reunion shot.

In the show Mitch (substitute teacher) and Gail (anchorwoman) were college sweethearts, who wed twice and raised son Dawson and daughter Lilly in fictional Massachusetts town Capeside before Mitch tragically died.

Katie Holmes took to Twitter to support the two actors, saying they played a big part in her formative years.

“Mary Margaret and John were such a huge and important part of #dawsonscreek,” the 39-year-old mother-of-one wrote. “I am so grateful to have worked with them and experience their kindness.”