THE X Factor star Danny Tetley has revealed people used to stare at him as a child because of his cleft lip and palate.

After being born with the disorder, the budding singer, now 38, was bullied about his looks.

Your information will be used in accordance with our privacy policy

Danny added: "I was born in 1980, kids were less accepting.

"People can be cruel when you look different.

"This is why I want to raise awareness for the condition.”

He underwent eight operations before he was 12 years old, and went to hundreds of hospital visits.

The contestant also became the first child in the UK to own a set of false teeth at 18 months.

It comes as The Sun's Bizarre column exclusively revealed that Danny has admitted he snorted cocaine every night for a year.

He confessed to drinking and “sniffing” substances while working in Benidorm as a club singer.

The star made his admission in a Facebook chat with fellow singer Ashley Power after they befriended each other while performing together in the Spanish resort.

In private messages sent from his account in April, Danny wrote: “Last year I drank and sniffed every night, until I realised if I wanted to stay I had to sort myself out.”

Ashley told The Sun on Sunday: “Danny was off his f**king t*ts most of the time. He would take coke every day and would be sniffing it in the clubs until 9am.

“I saw him take it many times and he would be quite erratic and like a Duracell bunny on them."