CRAIG Revel Horwood has insisted the Strictly curse is a "blessing" as he blasted the backlash that followed Seann Walsh and Katya Jones' snog kiss.

The 53-year-old judge gave his verdict on 'kissgate' and said the public's rage after the dancing duo cheated on their partners isn't fair - because the BBC One show allows people to feel loved.

He told The Sun Online at the launch of his tell-all book In Strictest Confidence: "Yes in a sensitive person it would affect them and I know it affected Seann and Katya a lot, that whole story, because it went global.

"For what reason, I have no clue because there have been a lot of pairings that have been absolutely gorgeous.

"You know there's been Kristina Rihanoff and Ben Cohen, they've had a baby, Jimmy Mistry, Flavia Cacace, fantastic.

"So the curse, which I call the blessing, I think you just have to deal with it, get on with it."

Craig insisted fans of the show should look at past couples that have settled down after being struck by the curse, to see that it changed their lives for the better.

He added: "I call it the blessing because I think people find love when they are not in love. I think that's how love sort of works.

"I think you have to be in a relationship that is failing to be able to send out those vibes anyway.

"So that's my personal opinion. Not an opinion of a BBC representative obviously because I don't know what their opinion is but mine is they should go on, do their job, do the dance of shame. Like the walk if shame and get on with it."

The pair have been saved twice since their kiss photo went viral, and Craig added: "They did (the dance of shame) and you know what they won the day and I guess the audience can do what they want."

But he didn't rule out the public voting the pair off, and defended their chemistry again as he said: "Who knows what's going to happen.. that's the beauty about Strictly and the beauty about human nature.

"This doesn't just happen at Strictly come Dancing I am sure the X Factor has seen it, I am sure every office block in the UK has seen this story."

Last week Seann, 32, and pro partner Katya, 29, were filmed cooking and scoffing a pizza for a skit on the show — the day after unconvincing apologies for their smooch on spin-off It Takes Two.

Grim-faced Seann, dumped by actress Rebecca Humphries, 32, said their five-year relationship was “far from perfect” anyway.
Russian Katya insisted her marriage to show choreographer Neil Jones, 35, was “absolutely fine”.