SHAPPI Khorsandi left The Chase fans furious during Sunday evening’s I’m A Celebrity… Get Me Out of Here! special as she suffered a series of blunders.

The comedienne, 45, struggled to push the buttons as she selected the answers during the quiz while she competed against Chaser Jenny Ryan.

At one point, she was asked: “The River Severn does NOT flow through which of these counties?”

Shappi was given the options of ‘Gloucestershire’, ‘Leicestershire’ and ‘Worcestershire’.

She failed to even press a button to make a selection and totally ran out of time even though she knew the answer.

The star said: “I was just taking my time to be absolutely sure. I knew it was Leicestershire because I travel everywhere for my job and I know exactly where the Severn goes.”

She then joked: “It’s Leicestershire and my garden. Those are the two places it doesn’t flow.”

A little while later, the funnywoman pressed the button to register her answer too early, before Bradley had even finished asking her the question and then left her finger where it was.

Presenter Bradley told her: “You don’t just press the button and leave your finger on it, love!”

She told him: “OK! I haven’t pressed many buttons in my life!”

Taking to Twitter to express their frustration, one viewer wrote: “First time I’ve ever saw someone run out of time trying to answer on the chase. Trying to make a show, really poor and not funny! #TheChase"

Another person exclaimed: “Surely if you're out of time you're out!? @ITVChase - Shappi is s**t! #thechase”

Referencing Shappi’s struggle on the show, another enraged fan remarked: “This Shappi is pushing my buttons. #thechase”

Unable to believe what they were seeing, someone else tweeted: “Don't buzz in before Brad has finished reading the options! #TheChase”

Shappi was taking part in an I’m A Celebrity themed charity special of The Chase in which she was competing to win a maximum of £60,000 and spoke about her time on the show, saying she had met some wonderful people and wished she had not been voted out first.

However, despite only appearing on the ITV programme last year, she added to her list of blunders by referring to her campmate, boxer Amir Khan, as former cricketer Imran Khan, who was not on the series.