THE Chase fans were left in hysterics tonight as Anne Hegerty dressed as Ginger Spice for the Christmas Special.

Four of the Chasers - including Anne - dressed up as music artists who had achieved a Christmas Number One.

When the 60-year-old appeared in a Union Jack dress and ginger wig to emulate Geri Horner and her iconic Brit Awards outfit, the studio audience let out a big cheer.

Viewers at home were equally impressed, and took to Twitter to praise Anne for being such a good sport.

One wrote: @anne_hegerty as Ginger Spice is just amazing. #thechase" while another added: @anne_hegerty dressed as ginger spice is the best thing ive seen all year #TheChase."

A third agreed writing: "How brilliant does @anne_hegerty look as Ginger Spice? Amazing!! #TheChase".

A fourth tweeted: @anneHegertyUK looks absolutly fabulous as ginger spice!!! #thechase."

Anne's glamorous look was in stark contrast to her time in the I'm a Celebrity jungle.

Viewers were full of praise for Anne's festive make over, with one writing: "Looking rather fabulous on #thechase tonight @anne_hegerty!"

Another added: "My God Anne looks glorious. Stunning, I love you lady. #thechase".

Poking fun at Anne’s new look, host Bradley Walsh, 58, said: “Never mind Ginger Spice, you look like a ginger nut.”

Famous contestants Scarlett Moffatt. Judy Murray and John Inverdale appeared delighted with The Governess’ costume change, cheering and laughing as she made her entrance.

Veteran actor and Wombles narrator Bernard Cribbins, 89, who was about to challenged, put his hand to his heart and cried: “I’m in love.”

He also joked: "I tell you one thing, you'll never get her up the flag pole."

Meanwhile Shaun Wallace was Elvis Presley, Jenny Ryan chose to be Madonna, Paul Sinha opted for Queen frontman Freddie Mercury while Mark Labbett went all out as Noddy Holder.