With the ever-increasing number of DC Comics-based shows on multiple networks, perhaps it was inevitable, but it was still noteworthy when CBS chose to program their new series Supergirl right up against Gotham on FOX this fall, with both airing Mondays at 8:00pm.

Today at the TCA (Television Critics Association) press tour, CBS’s chairman, Nina Tassler, was asked about this decision.

“Well, I think that they’re different audiences,” said Tassler. “I think Supergirl has a much bigger, broader audience. It’s more family entertainment. And they look different, they feel different.”

Tassler added, “We had 14.1 million streams of the [Supergirl] trailer. I don’t think anyone is worried about, 'Oh my god, there’s not enough audience out there to watch both those shows.' I think there will be.”

As of today, the initial Supergirl trailer actually has 14,200,000+ views on CBS’s YouTube channel and, by comparison, FOX’s original Gotham trailer has 10,500,000+ views on that network’s official YouTube channel - and considering that Gotham now been airing for the past year, the interest in the Supergirl trailer, at the least, is notable.