CELEBRITY Big Brother star Ryan Thomas revealed he declined counselling after Roxanne Pallett accused him of punching her.

The incident left viewers of the Channel 5 show stunned and saw Roxanne vilified by the public.

However, four months on from the incident, Ryan has praised Channel 5’s handling of the moment and said his family helped him through the difficult period.

Speaking to The Mirror, Ryan, 34, said: “The show gives you that option and they look after you in that sense. I’m quite level headed and I’ve got a good family around me, and network of friends that look after me. I didn’t feel that was necessary.”

“[My family are] my safe place.

“Being in an enclosed environment for three weeks, and then being reunited with your daughter, your brothers, your mum and dad, that was the highlight for me.”

Former Emmerdale actress Roxanne stepped out of the spotlight following the incident after apologising to Ryan.

She also wrote him a letter explaining her actions and said she hoped he could find it in his heart to forgive her.

A Celebrity Big Brother insider told The Sun Online: “Ryan has finally received his letter from Roxanne.

“It was very heartfelt and unreservedly apologetic. He wants to put it to bed now and move on.”

After she left the Celebrity Big Brother house, Roxanne broke down in tears after she spoke about her actions.

In an interview with CBB host Emma Willis, Roxanne, 35, said she felt like “the most hated woman in Britain” and apologised for causing Ryan distress.

She added: “I needed to come and tell everyone that I got it wrong.

“I'm human. I made a massive, massive, horrible mistake.”