Captain Marvel star Brie Larson says she wants to throw her hat in the ring to direct a future movie for Marvel Studios. Even though she’s been in the movie and television business since 1998, Larson’s career was catapulted to the next level in 2016 when she won her Best Actress Oscar for the compelling kidnapping drama Room. Not long after the win, the acclaimed actress scaled new heights by signing up to play the titular character in Captain Marvel, and recently she’s been confirmed to be appearing in The Avengers 4 (Untitled Avengers).

Despite the high-profile gigs she’s been landing (including the lead opposite Tom Hiddleston in the spring blockbuster Kong: Skull Island), Larson has hardly been resting on her laurels, and in fact, she’s probably busier than ever. In the midst of her Marvel Studios work, Larson is promoting her feature film directorial debut Unicorn Store, an indie comedy that she also stars in opposite Samuel L. Jackson, Joan Cusack and Bradley Whitford.

Contemplating her future behind the camera, Larson, in an interview with the Huffington Post for Unicorn Store, expressed her interest in helming a film in the future for Marvel. She said:

“Oh yeah, that’s my plan. Why not? My new life philosophy is I’m not going to tell myself no. I’m just going to do stuff until someone else tells me no.”

It’s wonderful to see that Larson has such passion and enthusiasm for her work in front of and behind the camera, and clearly with this first big notch in her belt directing Unicorn Store, Larson is serious about her future plans. A couple of factors behind her drive seem to be at work, including her recent revelation that she already loves working with Marvel, even though principal photography on Captain Marvel has yet to begin. She recently said she’s impressed with the studio being “really character driven” despite being a big company, and how “they understand that these films are a metaphor for the things that are very real in our lives.”

In addition, Marvel Studios is intent on getting more female directors to helm its films, starting with Anna Boden and Ryan Fleck, who are co-directing Captain Marvel. Thanks to the blockbuster success of Patty Jenkins at the helm of the summer’s No. 1 film Wonder Woman, it’s great to see that both Warner Bros./DC and Disney/Marvel Studios are taking great strides to get more female directors in key roles on productions, and Larson no doubt realizes it.

The great thing is, Larson is going to become more adept of the inner-workings of Marvel Studios with her upcoming turns in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, and with her drive, she’ll be more than prepared to step behind the camera for the company when the right opportunity presents itself.