Breaking Bad is over, but the legend lives on in the form of Better Call Saul, AMC’s developing spinoff that sees Bob Odenkirk reprising the role of clownish lawyer Saul Goodman. Creator Peter Gould spoke with Yahoo TV about the project, revealing that he’s been doing “a little bit of research” into courtrooms as he plots the show’s future.

“I’ve been hanging around in courtrooms lately, and it’s not as broad as I thought originally,” he said. “[Saul] dresses in a ridiculous way, he’s got billboards, he’s got ridiculous ads, but he is a shrewd customer. If you listen, most of his advice to Walt over the years in the show was really good advice. If Walt had listened to Saul a little bit more, I think the show would have gone very differently and probably would not have been as exciting.”

At the moment, there’s no word on when Better Call Saul will air, except that the writers are “working on it.”

“I’m very excited to work with Bob and with Vince and some of the other people we’re putting together on the team. I think we’re going to have something that’s pretty unique. I don’t think it’s going to be exactly what people are expecting, let’s put it that way,” said Gould. “We certainly feel a great responsibility to the fans, but all we can do is proceed as we have been and try to make the best show we can. I’m very excited about it. Frankly, I can’t say very much at this point, but I think it’s going to be pretty unique.”