Additional details about the Breaking Bad movie are coming to light.

Sources said that the feature-length movie will be a sequel revolving around Aaron Paul, who will reprise his Emmy-winning role as Jesse Pinkman. Sources also confirm that Netflix will have first-run rights to the top-secret project, which will then air on AMC. (Representatives for AMC, Netflix and producers Sony Pictures TV all declined to comment.)

As previously reported, the Breaking Bad movie will be written by original series creator Vince Gilligan, who will exec produce the project alongside franchise collaborators Mark Johnson and Melissa Bernstein. Gilligan, sources say, will direct the film, which will follow the escape of a kidnapped man (Paul's Jesse) and his quest for freedom.

Speaking on The Dan Patrick Show, Bryan Cranston (who starred as Walter White) confirmed the Breaking Bad movie is indeed in the works. He noted he was unclear if Walter White would appear in the sequel but said he would "absolutely" appear in the movie if Gilligan were to ask him.

"It's a great story and there are a lot of people who felt that they wanted to see some kind of completion to some of these storylines that were left open [in the series finale]," Cranston said. "This idea, from what I'm told, gets into those — at least a couple of the character show were not completed, as far as their journey."

"I don't know if there's an appearance — flashbacks, flash forwards — but I'm excited about it because it's Breaking Bad and it was the greatest professional period of my life and I can't wait to see all those people again, even if I just come by to visit," Cranston added.

For his part, Paul earned three supporting actor Emmy wins for his role on Breaking Bad. His TV credits include a series- regular role on the upcoming third season of HBO's Westworld and Apple's Are You Sleeping. He continues to voice a role on and exec produce Netflix's animated hit BoJack Horseman and wrapped three seasons of Hulu's The Path. He's repped by UTA.