"It's eroding every single one of us," says Reese Witherspoon's character of the Monterey Five.

Big Little Lies hasreleased a deeper look into what the star-studded HBO drama has in store for the Monterey Five in season two.

Jumping off an initial peek at Meryl Streep's new and key character, the extended second trailer that debuted Friday further explored the aftermath of the group's shared trauma — which, in this case, is the role the five women played in the season one finale death of Celeste's (Nicole Kidman's) abusive husband, Perry, who was played by Alexander Skarsgard.

"I can just see the damage that it's done and it's eroding every single one of us," Madeline (Reese Witherspoon) says at one point, as the group of women are shown coming undone in their personal lives.

Bonnie (Zoe Kravitz), the one who physically pushed Perry to his death, seems to be struggling with her guilt and is seen outside the town's police headquarters. An emotional Renata (Laura Dern), meanwhile, is described as the "medusa" of Monterey; and Jane (Shailene Woodley), while also entertaining a new romantic interest (played by newcomer Douglas Smith), struggles with lying to her son as the children head into the second grade.

The big and not-at-all little lie seems to also be furthering the wedge between Madeline and her husband (Adam Scott), as she tells him, "People think I'm unhinged." Not to mention that the suspicious detective (Merrin Dungey), who had a watchful eye on the five survivors in the last moments of season one, is continuing to put the pressure on the group "until one of us breaks."

But it's Celeste who has the toughest task ahead when it comes to guarding their secret as Streep's Mary Louise Wright comes to town in search of answers to what happened to her son, Perry.

"You don't believe my son just slipped," says Mary, who confronts her daughter-in-law in a scene that makes it seem nearly impossible to believe that the new mother in town won't ultimately get to the truth. "You left some things out, didn't you?" Mary says, in a prodding and yet all-knowing manner, to Celeste. "You were planning to leave him. And you learned of his infidelity just 10 seconds before he died. Oh, you left that out, too?"
Celeste — who confesses, "I still feel responsible for the accident" in a voiceover — is seen debating a question posed by her therapist: Does she see herself as a monster?

Created by David E. Kelley, the first season of Big Little Lies was an adaptation of the best-selling novel of the same name by Liane Moriarty and covered all the source material. According to the HBO description, the second-season story picks up where the first left off and will focus on how the tragic events of the finale impact the main characters' seemingly picture-perfect lives.

The seven-episode season premieres June 9.