The world of Zack Snyder’s Man of Steel and its millions of inhabitants may have been shocked to see alien beings and superhumans confirmed to exist, but it was only an appetizer for what’s to come in Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice. Now that Superman has been established for audiences, Snyder and Warner Bros. are set to introduce Batman and Wonder Woman next, with even more DC Comics icons hot on their heels.

Amidst the headlining actors and actresses being added to WB’s comic book universe – from Jason Momoa, Gal Gadot and Ezra Miller to Jared Leto, Margot Robbie and Will Smith – it’s tempting to overlook the award-winning cast members already called upon to help flesh out the world of Metropolis; Amy Adams’ ‘Lois Lane’ chief among them.

While discussing her upcoming film Big Eyes with Collider, the question of the intrepid reporter’s place (or, indeed, her relevance) in a Justice League universe arose. Although Clark Kent has followed in her journalistic footsteps to keep an ear to the ground, it sounds like Lois will still be the brains of the operation:

Lois is still sort of like the key to the information, you know? She’s the girl going out and getting it and figuring it out and putting it together and all of that, so she’s very much involved, but I kind of leave the heavy lifting to the boys, you know? So to speak.

It’s reassuring to hear that even with DC’s movie universe set to explode over the coming years, Lois Lane’s importance to the Superman mythos is being kept intact. Several of WB’s films may show an interest in grounded, humanized heroes, but everyday citizens will still be needed to raise the stakes for the audience (not to mention do justice to the destruction seen in Man of Steel‘s third act).

Her character may be less… forceful than any Justice League member, but Adams doesn’t seem concerned that she’ll be overshadowed (despite being the shortest on set). Confirming to ComingSoon.net that she had spent time with both Momoa and Gadot, Adams warns that anyone expecting Lois Lane to butt heads with Wonder Woman over a man – or Kryptonian – is in for a surprise:

It’s exciting to get to bring in all these other characters, and I was really excited that Gal was involved, because it was a nice to have another girl on set. Even if we don’t work together a lot, it was nice to have her there… They always think that if you put in another woman and automatically… ‘Catfight!’ No, I think that’s a male fantasy thing. I don’t think that’s reality.

I don’t know how it will turn out, if we’re going to be competition, but we are not in this, I can safely say, and we’re not in real life. She’s just the coolest girl ever.

Some comic fans will be disappointed to hear that Batman V Superman won’t be following the New 52 take on Clark and Diana, in which the pair were launched into a heated romance immediately. Adams certainly won’t be one of them: when Gadot’s casting was first announced, she expressed her hope that the two most powerful women in Superman’s life would join forces, not be reduced to competing for his attention.

Whatever romances may or may not have taken place on the comic book page, the events of Man of Steel made it fairly clear just how strong a bond Clark and Lois have formed. Besides being the only one aware of Clark’s double identity, Lois was quite literally the only thing Clark had to cling to after killing General Zod (Michael Shannon). In other words: Wonder Woman would have to bring a whole lot more than god-like superpowers to go toe-to-toe with The Daily Planet’s star reporter.

Are you happy to hear that Snyder is keeping to the classic relationship between Clark and Lois, and letting the women of his life coexist peacefully? Or were you hoping to see a superhuman romance added to the movie universe?

Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice arrives on March 25th, 2016.