The Marvel Cinematic Universe seems like an unstoppable box office behemoth at this point. While it’s no surprise that Iron Man 3 or Captain America 2 can make bank, even Marvel’s lesser known properties – Guardians of the Galaxy – are pushing toward a billion dollars. So what kind of damage can a film like The Avengers: Age of Ultron do? After all, it’s the sequel to the most successful Marvel movie ever.

Though some fans saw Avengers 2 footage at San Diego Comic-Con – footage that was widely praised for being one of the highlights of the Con – most are still waiting for even a glimpse of the film in motion. There was a report at one point that we might see the first trailer in front of Christopher Nolan’s Interstellar, but we haven’t heard anything official on that front. Still, considering the Avengers sequel is nearly half a year away, won’t we see something soon?

The answer is yes. Very soon, in fact. Marvel has just announced that the trailer for The Avengers: Age of Ultron will debut during next week’s episode of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Check out their tweet below:

This comes a couple weeks after an Age of Ultron trailer was shown on the final day of New York Comic Con. According to those who saw it, it very much resembled the footage that debuted at SDCC 2014. Will the forthcoming footage be the same? It’s impossible to know, though there will almost certainly be a few similarities.

For those who are interested, here’s how our own Hannah Shaw-Williams described the SDCC trailer:

The trailer began with the familiar heroes (including War Machine) dressed in casual all hanging out at Avengers Tower and attempting to lift Thor’s hammer… without much success. Only Captain America is able to move it (slightly) and Thor’s concerned facial expression is priceless until he smiles when Rogers gives up. The exercise is interrupted by the appearance of Ultron, in a broken down, almost skeletal form with silver armor plating haphazardly forming his upper hunched torso. He proclaims, “There’s only one path to peace: your extinction.” The heroes all stand up facing him and Thor picks up his hammer.

This opening was followed by a montage of action shots of selected quotes from the movie, including Tony Stark saying that what happens in the movie is “the end of the path I started us on.” The trailer then offered a first look at the movie’s version of the Hulkbuster armor in action in multiple scenes, and Ultron delivered the excellent line “There are no strings on me.” The trailer concluded with Tony standing in a wasteland with the rest of the Avengers lying on the ground looking a lot worse for wear. Captain America’s shield was broken in half. They were seemingly dead.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. did exceptionally well when it first premiered in 2013, but its ratings since have been rather underwhelming. In fact, the season 2 premiere dropped by about 59% from the previous premiere, which is a shame considering most people agree that the second season has been better than the first. So it doesn’t come as much of a surprise that Marvel and Disney would look for ways to increase viewership for the series.

Premiering a trailer like the one for The Avengers 2 during S.H.I.E.L.D. is a smart move that’ll absolutely boost ratings. In fact, one wonders why they haven’t premiered all their trailers during the show. After all, it’s not like these movies won’t have a ton of exposure elsewhere.

That said, the ratings boost will only be a temporary one. Unless Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. can figure out a way to debut Marvel movie trailers every single episode, viewership will inevitably return to normal. So if Marvel wants to boost ratings in a more permanent fashion, they’re going to have to look for other avenues.

What say you, Screen Ranters? Are you looking forward to the release of The Avengers 2 trailer? Drop us a line in the comments.

The Avengers: Age of Ultron trailer will premiere Tuesday, October 28th during Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. @9pm on ABC, and will likely be available online soon after (perhaps even in extended form).

The Avengers: Age of Ultron hits theaters May 1st, 2015, followed by Ant-Man on July 17, 2015, Captain America 3 on May 6 2016, and Guardians of the Galaxy 2 on July 28, 2017,.

http://screenrant.com/avengers-2-age...agents-shield/