Zack Snyder has been talking about a key moment at the end of Batman v Superman, explaining how a scene that was cut from the movie explains a potential plot-hole.

So as we're dealing with the film's finale, BEWARE OF SPOILERS AHEAD.

BvS director, we asked why Superman can’t hear his mother’s screams and cries for help when she’s kidnapped by Lex Luthor late on.

“I think all the way – to me, from Metropolis to Smallville is probably just on the edge of his range of hearing” he explained. “Also the clutter of the city makes it difficult as well."

It sounds like an excised sequence might help explain the issue as well.

"We had a scene that we cut from the movie where he tries to look for her when he finds out that Lex has got her," Snyder continued. "It was a slightly dark scene that we cut out because it sort of represented this dark side. Because when he was looking for his mom he heard all the cries of all the potential crimes going on in the city, you know when you look.

“I kind of like the idea that he’s taught himself not to look because if he looks it’s just neverending, right? You have to know when, as Superman, when to intervene and when not to. Or not when not to, you can’t be everywhere at once, literally you can’t be everywhere at once, so he has to be really selective in a weird way about where he chooses to interfere.”

No word on whether that deleted scene will appear on the forthcoming Blu-ray extended cut.