With the cast set and the storyline (one assumes) also set in stone, director Alan Taylor’s “Terminator: Genesis” is kicking off production later next month, and Arnold Schwarzenegger couldn’t be more excited for it. I guess you could say he’s pumped for it. Speaking to MTV, Arnold spilled the beans about what his fans can expect from the 66-year-old when he suits up once again for “Genesis.” Specifically, how are they going to address the whole “he’s a cyborg, so why does he seem to be aging” bit.

Says Arnold:

The way that the character is written, it’s a machine underneath. It’s this metal skeleton. But above that is human flesh. And the Terminator’s flesh ages, just like any other human being’s flesh. Maybe not as fast. But it definitely ages.

So, an aging Terminator? But don’t think you’ll only be getting an aging Arnold Terminator in this one. It is a franchise about time travel, after all, and those pesky Skynet suckers are pretty sneaky about sending more than one Terminators back to the future.

Arnold continues:

Terminator deals a lot with time travel, so there will be a younger T-800…and then what that model does later on when it gets reprogrammed, and who gets ahold of him. So it will be all kinds of interesting twists in the movie, but I feel so good.

I’d love to see an older Arnold battling his younger, CGI’ed self. That would be a trip.

“Terminator: Genesis” stars Arnold, along with Emilia Clarke as the new Sarah Connor, Jai Courtney as the new Kyle Reese, and Jason Clarke as the new John Connor. It’s due in 2015.