MODERN Family star Ariel Winter has lashed out at the perpetrators who vandalised the Airbnb home she was staying in with dog poo.

“I come back from lunch to find s**t thrown all over the front of the house I’m staying in,” Winter tweeted. “I will find you with these cameras and you are f***ed.”

She later added, “I still can’t believe someone threw [s**t] all over my Airbnb ... like bruh I just got here with my scrabble chiiiiiiillllllll. Never been happier to go home.”

When asked on Twitter if she meant rubbish had been thrown at her home, she said: “LITERAL DOG S**T. Savages.”

Fans came to the star’s aid, with one person tweeting, “They just be jealous ... no time for haters in this world enjoy your minication!”

Another replied to Winter, writing: “Ariel, I’m sorry this happened to you. People can be so cruel. Much love to you.”

Despite the incident, Winter praised the love and support of her 30-year-old boyfriend Levi Meaden.

“I also just have to say ... through all of this s**t (literally) @LeviMeaden is my rock and I couldn’t be luckier. I love you.”

It’s been a difficult past 12 months for the star who has had a very public ongoing feud with her estranged mother, Crystal Workman.

Winter accused her mother of sexualising her at a young age, telling the Hollywood Reporter that her mum forced her to dress in overly-sexy outfits and controlled what she ate.

“People thought I was 24 when I was 12. If there was going to be a nude scene when I was that age, my mother would have a thousand per cent said yes,” Winter said.

The actress became an emancipated minor at 15 and Workman has repeatedly denied any wrongdoing.

Workman told Inside Edition last year she feels like the Modern Family actress is “starving for attention” and her recent actions have been a “cry for help.”

“I just want to see her have respect for herself and have some class,” Workman said about photographs showing Winter in revealing outfits. “That photo where her leg is raised and she’s holding a martini glass, I saw it and all I could do was cry and feel bad for her.”

“Ariel is starving for attention. I feel that this is a cry for help from my child,” Workman said.

Winter hit back and said now that she is an adult she can make her own decisions.

“As you mature at 16, 17, 18, you further develop your own identity and can make decisions for yourself,” she wrote on Instagram. “As a child, you do as you’re told regardless of what is good for you. I’m an ADULT now, who can make my own choices and have my own identity.”