Much to the consternation of fans, “Aquaman” has yet to receive a teaser trailer despite being scheduled for release later this year. This has naturally led to speculation among those same fans, which director James Wan has apparently had enough of. The “Saw” and “The Conjuring” filmmaker took to Twitter to dispel any rumors about the delay, explaining that the problem is simple: “It’s me.”

“Hey friends, I usually do my best to avoid internet noises (especially fabricated distractions) but a teaser-trailer going out this weekend was never in the books — despite what some claim. It’s not because of anyone or any nefarious reason holding it back — IT’S ME.,” Wan wrote in the first of three tweets.

“I am simply not ready yet to share. This movie is filled to the gills with VFX, and the process is as slow and laborious as a sea-slug!” he continued. “Yes, even shots for the trailers take forever to do, and I refuse to put out anything that might be construed as subpar.”

He then concluded, “I know it seems like nothing much is brewing above the surface, but I can assure you, we’re working nonstop under the waves.”

Jason Momoa stars as the eponymous superhero in the film, which takes place in the same shared universe as other DC Comics films like “Justice League” and “Wonder Woman.” “Aquaman” will be released theatrically on December 21.