Aquaman stars Ludi Lin compares the upcoming superhero film starring Jason Momoa to Star Wars. Not much is known regarding the narrative of the James Wan project, but the film will be set after the events of Justice League — where the King of the Seven Seas is set to join forces with DC Extended Universe’s biggest superheroes in an effort to save the world from Steppenwolf and his legion of Parademons. That said, we can still expect that the standalone movie will give us some nods as to Arthur Curry’s backstory that led him to his position as the ruler of Atlantis.

As part of the world-building of the DCEU project, Aquaman will have his fair share of enemies and allies. Lin’s Murk will presumably fall on the latter batch as leader of the Men-of-War, the frontline army of Atlantis. But his comic book origin paints him as someone who changes sides as he once supported Aquaman’s brother, Orm also known as the evil deceitful Ocean Master — set to be played in the film by Patrick Wilson.

Speaking to a Canadian radio station, Kiss Radio (via CBR) Wednesday afternoon, the up and coming actor has shared some information regarding the movie, starting with a few teases with regard to his character:

“Murk has gone through some changes… like the Black Ranger really. I like it when people pigeon-hole me… because then it gives me a chance to try to break out of it. You put a wall in front of me, I want to try to break down that wall. So, this is Murk [and] I think he’s going to be pretty different from the original conception. But he’s going to be pretty remarkable as well. It’s been a pleasure working with some amazing people.”

Lin has furthered by talking about Aquaman as a whole and how he thinks it differs from other DCEU properties. To further his point about the film being set separately, he compared it to the famed space opera:

“The thing is, there is so much about Aquaman that I have seen so far in filming… there’s so much to this film. The difference between Aquaman and the other superheroes in the DC Universe, is that it exists almost in a different world. James Wan, our director, is amazing. He’s described his vision as “Star Wars underwater” because it is! All the physics are different, their weapons are different, the characters are very unique. It’s just super cool.”

The comparison holds merit as unlike other superhero films in the DCEU, Aquaman will be set in a world so different from our own it might as well be in a galaxy far, far away. Talks about filmingunderwater sequences have come up a couple of times and it sounds like Wan is really trying to make it a point that the film will be an immersive experience for viewers.

Aquaman is still currently in production, under the working title Ahab, but other location shoots are scheduled around the globe. The film also stars Amber Heard as Mera, Arthur’s love interest, Nicole Kidman as Atlanna, Willem Dafoe as Nudis Vulko, Dolph Lundgren as Nereu, and Yahya Abdul-Mateen II as David Hyde, aka Black Manta.