Agent Peggy Carter might be one of the most well-connected women in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. First introduced as a love interest for Steve Rogers in Captain America: The First Avenger, Peggy has since starred in a Marvel One-Shot, guest starred on Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., been given her own TV series, and is set to appear in both The Avengers: Age of Ultron and Ant-Man this year.

The Ant-Man appearance was confirmed by a casting call for Atwell’s body double last year, and was tied into a rumor that the first act of the movie would be set in the past and focus on Hank Pym’s (Michael Douglas) exploits as Ant-Man, before the story moves into the present day. According to that report, Arnim Zola (Toby Jones), Howard Stark (John Slattery), and a young Alexander Pierce are also set to appear in the first act.

Based on Douglas’ age and the fact that Slattery, rather than Dominic Cooper, is playing Howard Stark, it seemed likely that this portion of the movie will be set in the 1960s or ’70s. Now the connection between Peggy Carter and Hank Pym has been officially revealed in an upcoming Ant-Man prequel comic that shows an older version of Peggy confronting a young Hank and testing his abilities by… firing a gun at him. It’s just as well that he manages to dodge all the bullets by shrinking, or S.H.I.E.L.D. would have ended up with a lot of extra paperwork to deal with.

Marvel’s Ant-Man Prelude #1 will release next month, and according to the synopsis “Dr. Henry Pym will pull on the helmet and leap into action on a death-defying mission that will take him into the icy heart of Cold War East Berlin.” That doesn’t offer too specific a date since Cold War East Berlin existed for over 40 years, but based on Peggy and Hank’s respective appearances above, the 1970s still seems like a good guess.

Comic Vine has some more preview pages from the comic that confirm Hank Pym was actually working for S.H.I.E.L.D.as a “research and development consultant.” When Howard Stark bursts into Hank’s lab and demands that he hand over the suit so that one of S.H.I.E.L.D.’s team members can use it on the covert ops mission, Hank’s answer is a firm “no.” That’s no doubt why he ends up going along on the mission himself, and why Peggy decides to see if he’s ready for the risk of being shot at.

Ant-Man Prelude #1 is set for release on February 2nd, and it looks like it could offer plenty of insight into the first act of the movie and what role the founding members of S.H.I.E.L.D. might play. It also confirms that the sound effect for shrinking and growing will be “SHOOOOOMP.”

Ant-Man arrives in theaters on July 17th, 2015.