ANNE Hegerty has revealed producers secretly allowed her to read her script for pantomime every day while in the jungle.

I’m A Celebrity contestants are usually not permitted to have any reading material – but the rules were bent for The Chase star ahead of her first show on Tuesday.

Speaking on today’s This Morning, Anne let slip the news, saying: “I was allowed half an hour with the script a day in the medical jungle.”

Anne is expected to appear on stage in Windsor from next week, but I’m A Celeb viewers had no idea that she had been secretly preparing for it.

She will be playing Queen Rat in the production of Dick Whittington and is currently being covered by her co-star Anita Harris.

The news means that Rita Simons is also likely to have been given the same privilege as she too is appearing in panto.

Anne also revealed that her fellow quiz master Mark Labbett had persuaded her to sign up to do the show.

She said: “I discussed it with Mark.

“Initially I said there wasn’t enough money in the world and then my agent said [bosses] wanted to take you for lunch, because they look after a few other things and they were absolutely delightful.

“I found myself thinking that I can actually imagine myself doing it.

“It took nearly another month before everything is sorted out. Mark was in touch saying you really should do it.”

Following the chat, Anne met the 11-year-old autistic boy - Joseph Hughes - who hit headlines last month after writing a thank you letter to the jungle star, thanking her for inspiring him.