Angela Bassett is excited for the nearing release of Black Panther, and she tells fans to get pumped up for it too. Coming off of his initial introduction in Captain America: Civil War, the new king of Wakanda is ready to step into the spotlight in his own standalone film. The titular character is played by Chadwick Boseman, who is the son of Bassett’s Ramonda, the queen of the hidden progressive country. Directed by Ryan Coogler, the project will delve into the politics of the fictional nation adding another layer to the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

With a casting sheet as star-studded as Black Panther‘s the level of anticipation for the film is obviously very high. Not only do we get Bassett, but we also get a slew of talented actors like Lupita Nyong’o (Nakia), Danai Gurira (Okoye), Michael B. Jordan (Erik Killmonger), Forest Whittaker (Zuri) and Andy Serkis (Ulysses Klaue) are all part of the movie. Judging by the first trailer for the movie, Coogler was able to craft something brilliant — from his world-building of Wakanda to high-octane action sequences, if anything, the film is already shaping up to a hit.

Bassett seconds that notion when asked about Black Panther. In an interview with ET, Bassett told fans to be prepared for the kind of magnificent work that’s been done in the forthcoming Marvel Studios project:

I am so stoked, so thrilled. It is going to be absolutely amazing. I heard a little word that as they’re putting it together that it’s just looking and feeling amazing and I’m just glad that all that we felt while we were making it is really translating to the screen. So, get ready, get ready. It’s going to be quite phenomenal.
With Thor: Ragnarok on the way, marketing for Black Panther has been scarce for the film as of late. The biggest reveal came at this year’s San Diego Comic-Con where a Hall H-exclusive snippet from the film brought the house down and even had some of the cast emotional. That said, we can expect more details regarding the movie as it nears its February release.

After he sorts out the Wakanda-turmoil in Black Panther, we can see T’Challa next in Avengers: Infinity War where he will reunite with some MCU characters he initially made contact with in Civil War. Unfortunately, as like the events of Cap 3, it will not be an ideal situation to make friends, since Thanos (Josh Brolin) is on his way.

Source