They say insanity is doing the same thing twice and expecting different results, but Katherine Waterston would love to see her character resume course for Origae-6 in another Alien: Covenant movie. Waterston starred as terraforming chief Daniels in the sequel to Prometheus and second film in Ridley Scott's Alien prequel series.

The prequels recount the first space missions in which humans made contact with the invasive extraterrestrial species that made Scott's 1979 movie so iconic. Alien: Covenant takes place 11 years after Prometheus, which in turn is set about 30 years before the Nostromo crew begin their journey back to earth in the original film starring Sigourney Weaver. Covenant ends with all remaining human members of the ship in cryosleep as the android David 8 (Michael Fassbender) pilots the ship along its original course, leaving the story open for another possible sequel.

In an interview with The Playlist, Waterston expressed enthusiasm at the idea of resuming her role, saying she'd make another movie "in a heartbeat." The Fantastic Beasts actor also discussed her other projects, including the HBO miniseries The Third Day, which she currently stars in alongside Jude Law. Waterston admits that she's as in the dark about Daniels' fate at the end of Alien: Covenant as anyone else. She said, "I loved working with Ridley and I loved playing that part. I hope we can! I would love it! I hope she’s still alive!"

Earlier this month, Scott revealed that another Alien film is "in process" but will most likely not pick up where the prequels left off. The director explained that, where the prequel series tried to "reinvent the wheel," he's unsure whether certain fundamental elements of the Alien universe have "run out of steam." The sci-fi classic has spawned an entire world of sequels and spinoffs including the Alien vs. Predator crossover, many of which Scott hasn't been directly involved with. The movies in the prequel series, which also includes a number of short films tied to the features' release, are the only follow-ups in the mega-franchise Scott directed.

Scott has already shown he's reluctant to beat a dead horse by staying away from any of the Alien sequels or spinoffs, choosing instead to go the prequel route and remain in the same universe while exploring other narratives. With two prequels and multiple short films now under his belt, however, Scott may be ready to move on rather than risk tiring out the origin story that began with 2012's Prometheus. Technically, more Alien sequels have been made than prequels, but because Scott himself hasn't yet had a chance to check back in with his original characters, the director may be interested in a reboot.

Unfortunately, a non-prequel reboot or spinoff within the Alien universe would likely remove Waterston's character from existence as there's no indication that Daniels is still alive at the beginning of Alien. On the other hand, this is sci-fi, and Daniels' ending Alien: Covenant in cryosleep offers an obvious loophole that would allow for her return at basically any point in the future.