Jennifer Garner will get a chance to reunite with her Alias creator and executive producer J.J. Abrams on a new project for Apple TV. The streaming subscription service will bring the two back together for the limited drama series My Glory Was I Had Such Friends, which Garner will star in, with Abrams executive producing.

My Glory Was I Had Such Friends is based on the book of the same name, a memoir penned by Amy Silverstein. It tells of Silverstein's life as she waited for a life-saving heart transplant. The book is about the "power of friendship and the resilience of the human spirit" and follows Silverstein and the extraordinary women who were her friends, the women who helped her get through such a difficult time. The novel received high praise from critics for its emotional storytelling, as well as its candid portrayal of a woman who conquered overwhelming odds. Now, TV viewers will get a chance to experience the story in live-action thanks to the upcoming adaptation.

The highly acclaimed story of My Glory Was I Had Such Friends will now become a limited series on Apple. According to THR, Apple picked up the rights to transform the novel into a series that will star Garner, who will executive produce with Abrams, who is doing so under his Bad Robot Productions banner. Garner will also reunite with her The Tribes of Palos Verdes pal, Karen Croner, who will write the script for My Glory Was I Had Such Friends, as well as executive produce. Other executive producers include Silverstein and Ben Stephenson.

Garner is currently a series regular on HBO's Camping, her first major television role since Alias. While starring on Alias, she earned a score of award nominations, along with several wins. Abrams has kept busy since his Alias days, too; he currently executive produces Hulu's Stephen King-based series Castle Rock, as well as HBO's Westworld, Lovecraft Country and Demimonde. Abrams is also currently co-writing, producing and directing Star Wars: Episode IX, which is set to open in movie theaters in 2019.

Apple TV seems committed to providing new original scripted content for its viewers. It recently cast Harry Potter's Rupert Grint in a new thriller series by M. Night Shyamalan. My Glory Was I Had Such Friends is just another high profile project added to its list, but it remains to be seen if Apple TV will ever compete in a market already dominated by services such as Netflix and Hulu.

My Glory Was I Had Such Friends will premiere on Apple TV.