While we wait patiently (or not so patiently, as the case may be) for Marvel’s Phase 2 to continue unfolding on the big screen, there’s still plenty of small screen Marvel properties to bide our time. There’s Agent Carter, the back half of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.‘s second season, and later this year the first of Marvel’s new slate of Netflix programming: Daredevil.

When first announced it was unclear exactly how the Marvel/Netflix slate would work, but since then Netflix has made finding success with their own original programing look all too easy. After Daredevil, the next series to debut on the streaming outlet will be AKA Jessica Jones starring Krysten Ritter as a former superhero looking to rebuild her life as a private detective.

Joining Ritter as Jones’ best pal and fellow crime-fighter will be Rachael Taylor (Crisis, 666 Park Avenue), reports The Wrap. Taylor’s character is Trish Walker, “a syndicated radio talk show host, former model and child TV star known to her adoring fans as “Patsy” Walker.”

The character of Patsy Walker was first introduced way back in 1944 in Miss America Magazine #2, but in 1976 Marvel Comics reintroduced Walker with a new superhero identity – Hellcat. Whether or not AKA Jessica Jones‘ Trish Walker will follow a similar path and eventually assume the Hellcat identity isn’t stated, but in the 13-episode series we’ll see her assist Jones’ with the most dangerous case of her career.

Filming is set to begin on the series next month, with Michelle Rosenberg - who has been attached to the series for since it was first pitched to ABC – set as executive producer. Taylor and Ritter will be joined on the show by David Tennant as Zebediah Kilgrave (a.k.a. The Purple Man) and Mike Colter as Luke Cage.

Tennant recently spoke about his role with the Radio Times, saying:

“Who says it’s a villain? Make no assumptions. I’m saying nothing … I’ve found myself in another world which I can answer no questions about.”

Well, being unable to answer any questions shouldn’t be all that new for the former Doctor Who star, but obviously none hold their secrets more dear than Marvel. But are we being too presumptuous by naming Kilgrave the villain? Maybe, but considering the character has in the comics been a foe of Daredvil, Luke Cage and Jessica Jones, his inclusion here is all too coincidental to in the end not be the villain.

What do you think of Rachael Taylor being cast as Jessica Jones’ best friend, Trisha Walker? Will we see her assume her superhero identity in AKA Jessica Jones? And what of David Tennant’s Killgrave, will he be a villain? Sound off in the comments below!

Stay tuned for more news on AKA Jessica Jones as it develops.