Season 2 of Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. promised to include more characters from the comics as well as introduce new names to the universe. So far in the first four episodes of season 2, Lance Hunter (Nick Blood), Absorbing Man (Brian Patrick Wade), and Agent 33 (Maya Stojan) have been featured in addition to Lucy Lawless’ Isabelle Hartley. However, one of the more anticipated Marvel Comics characters to appear on Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. this season is Mockingbird.

Adrianne Palicki will make her S.H.I.E.L.D. debut on this week’s episode ‘A Hen in the Wolf House’ as Barbara “Bobbi” Morse, who fans will know as the alter ego of comics superhero Mockingbird.

In a clip from the episode (above), viewers are given their first look at Morse in action as the head of Hydra security. As referenced in the episode title, Morse will be in charge of investigating a particular security leak within Hydra: “We have a mole, ladies and gentlemen, right here in our very facility.”

As established in episode 3, ‘Making Friends and Influencing People,’ Jemma Simmons (Elizabeth Henstridge) infiltrated a Hydra facility in order to send information to S.H.I.E.L.D.’s director, Phil Coulson (Clark Gregg). Though Simmons’ cover was nearly compromised in episode 3, it appears she will be in danger of being found out again in ‘A Hen in the Wolf House.’

The clip from episode 5 promises more of the compelling tension that has upped the ante of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.’s season 2, but the introduction of Palicki’s character is more exciting for its ramifications on Marvel’s shared universe. The actress previously said there’s a chance that Morse/Mockingbird could make the jump from Marvel’s television series to its cinematic universe, which would open the door even more between Marvel’s film and TV sides.

But while the possibility of an appearance by Mockingbird in a Marvel movie is exciting to many fans, it isn’t set in stone. Still, it adds some weight to Palicki’s debut as Morse, which, from the preview clip, looks to provide a serious problem for Simmons and S.H.I.E.L.D. – though whether viewers will see Morse in action this week remains to be seen.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. continues on Tuesday with “A Hen in the Wolf House” @9pm on ABC.

http://screenrant.com/agents-shield-...ianne-palicki/