ACTOR and presenter Shane Jacobson has spoken for the first time about his recent marriage, saying the long wait was worth it.

Jacobson tied the knot last month with partner Felicity Hunter, who he has been with for 11 years. Their children were part of the ceremony.

“I was joking on TV before that I’m finally off the market,’’ said The Little Big Shots host.

“I’ve got four kids so we probably knew. There was one magazine that listed it as a shock wedding, it’s been a pretty long and slow shock.

“I can’t recommend it highly enough because in the end our kids were in our bridal party. I cannot recommend it high enough after being together for a while.

“I love it. It doesn’t feel weird saying wife. I didn’t think it would be so cool.”

Jacobson has also been busy with his new film That’s Not My Dog! in which he plays himself alongside a raft of comedians including Paul Hogan, Jimeoin and Fiona O’Loughlin.

“The truth is we knew it would (succeed), it sounds weird to say, but we can guarantee you one thing that it’s entertainment,’’ he said of the film out this week.

“That’s what we’re going to promise and that’s what it’ll deliver. Every time we’ve had a test with an audience people go, ‘oh that’s so much fun’.

“The idea is it’s a cinema event.”

Jacobson has also just joined The Rocky Horror Show as narrator for the upcoming Melbourne season from July.

“In all honesty I can’t wait to have it on my CV,’’ he said.

“I love musical theatre. I’ve done a fair bit, but it’s a classic, so I can’t wait.”