There is an air of change here at What.CD Airlines. It is with great sadness that we bid farewell to our parting staff members, puddy and Entrapment. They both have made unique, indelible impacts on the staff and site, and we wish them only the best as they travel to their new destinations.

And it would seem that a new moderator has just arrived. Please give a warm welcome to Avles! We are excited to have them on the team, and we hope that you will greet them kindly.

Also, our stewardess Glacier will be passing out complimentary donor picks to all travellers today, so be sure to grab them while you can.

Thank you for flying What.CD Airlines; we hope you enjoyed your flight. Please join us again soon.

What.CD is funded by user contributions, and all user contributions (including direct donations and store profits) are reinvested in the site or store. Staff members are unpaid volunteers. By participating in What.CD's Donor Rank System, you can earn points which unlock Donor Ranks and Special Ranks. Anyone who unlocks Special Rank #1 gets to share a pick with the entire community. Here are the picks from the seventh batch of Special Donors. You can check out the top donors via the Donor Leaderboard.

Enjoy the picks, and let's give a huge round of applause to the donors who keep What.CD alive!

Motormuijs' Special Donor Pick

Kevin McDermott Orchestra - Mother Nature's Kitchen

Genre: Scottish, Pop, Indie, Rock

Torrents: torrents.php?id=774790

Review:

This album in years to come will end up being hailed in magazines like Uncut and The Word as being 'that great lost album' mark my words!

EnforcerX's Special Donor Pick

Emma Ruth Rundle - Some Heavy Ocean

Genre: Experimental, Ambient

Torrents: torrents.php?id=72722188

Review:

An addictive ambient listening experience, I've had this album on repeat for weeks. It flows so well I can't even tell when it loops.

JacksonBrowne's Special Donor Pick

Jackson Browne - Lives In The Balance

Genre: Rock

Torrents: torrents.php?id=49322

Review: JacksonBrowne wrote:

One of the most underrated Jackson Browne albums... There... I finally said it to the world! Never thought I would be able to say it to one person!

cdub17's Special Donor Pick

Miles Davis - Someday My Prince Will Come

Genre: Jazz

Torrents: torrents.php?id=109888

Review:

"This is just really good jazz..." - me

"Recorded over the course of three days in April of 1961, Someday My Prince Will Come is at once a curiosity and a masterpiece, a recording that not only captures trumpeter Miles Davis' group in flux but practically crystallizes the very moment of transition. As on Kind of Blue (Columbia, 1959), for which the leader brought back pianist Bill Evans, Davis again turns to the past, this time calling upon two recent alumni to participate on three of the tracks. But far more than an historical document, Someday My Prince Will Come is a thing of beauty, an indispensable addition to the Davis recorded canon." - allaboutjazz.com

nfck's Special Donor Pick

Incurabili - Fair Enough

Genre: Alternative, Punk-Blues

Torrents: torrents.php?id=72735367

Review:

The latest album by the quirky duo of frontmen is a step forward in their musical expression, where they move beyond their punk-blues roots toward a more contemporary sound, while retaining their raw power and rough sound.
A chance to hear a band with all the strings of both guitars tuned to - G.

dotmotion's Special Donor Pick

Caustic Window - Caustic Window LP

Genre: idm, 1990's

Torrents: torrents.php?id=72738764

Review:

With official blessings from Richard James and Rephlex Records, this album is seeing the light of day again, ripped straight from the original vinyl from 1994. One of the holy grails of Electronic Music.

DankStar's Special Donor Pick

The Moscow Coup Attempt - The Failure of Shortwave Radio

Genre: Post-Rock, Ambient, Downtempo

Torrents: torrents.php?id=800496

Review: The Moscow Coup Attempt's website wrote:

The 2005 album "The Failure of Shortwave Radio" was the first release from TMCA. The album is a stream of unconscious interpretation of failures in communication of not just nations, but persons. A grand scale assessment of individuals.

ElectricThomas' Special Donor Pick

Cubbiebear - Force Back to Sleep

Genre: Electronic, Trip.Hop, Hip.Hop, Rock

Torrents: torrents.php?id=72557446

Review:

This guy doesn't get near enough attention for the heart he's put into his music, and as far as he knows he's probably a flop. I'm not one that usually likes hip hop but Force Back to Sleep blew me away. It's a very raw and very emotional view on humanity wrapped up in harsh/dark electronic and poetic hip hop. Cubbiebear is brutally honest about his own feelings, flaws, and the world we live in. It sounds a little sappy but it's really quite 'fun' to listen to as well as its introspective qualities.

TerminILL's Special Donor Pick

Car Seat Headrest - Twin Fantasy

Genre: Indie, Lo-Fi, Rock, Singer/Songwriter

Torrents: torrents.php?id=72079712

Review:

It’s an album about being deeply in love, about not really being in love at all, about being with friends, about being alienated, about coming out to your friends (or not). It’s an album about getting drunk and high and partying and being alone and going places and coming back and living and wanting to die and wanting to keep on living. It includes music to party and jam unabashedly to, it includes music to quietly mull over, it includes music to slowly die to every second you keep being alive.

moozrooz's Special Donor Pick

Lesbians on Ecstasy - Giggles in the Dark - Lesbians on Ecstasy Remixes

Genre: Electronic

Torrents: torrents.php?id=366346

Review:

This is the album I play when I have a bunch of people over after the bars close.

SexyClayton's Special Donor Pick

Filibusta - Honeycomb Eyes

Genre: electronic, experimental, idm, hip.hop, dubstep, trip.hop, glitch.hop, 2010s

Torrents: torrents.php?id=72367775

Review:

This album is great and you're welcome. More seriously, this guy's taken a bit more of an old school approach to electronic music. He hasn't forgotten the importance of beauty in melody a midst the wub wub weeeeeb wub

Snorlax's Special Donor Pick

New Order - Low-Life

Genre: Synthpop, Electronic, Post-Punk

Torrents: torrents.php?id=58789

Review:

If you've never listened to New Order, or synthpop at all for that matter, then I would highly recommend this album. The perfect blend of electronic/synthpop and post-punk that New Order achieve on this album leaves you wanting more and more.

ferrarifxx's Special Donor Pick

Outkast - Southernplayalisticadillacmusik

Genre: hip.hop, rhythm.and.blues, 1990s

Torrents: torrents.php?id=41268

Review:

Classic album.

sircolin420's Special Donor Pick

Yo La Tengo - And Then Nothing Turned Itself Inside-Out

Genre: indie, lo.fi, alternative

Torrents: torrents.php?page=2&id=44467

Review:

Truly outstanding...mellow, chill, and really quite lovely

mainroad's Special Donor Pick

Drenge - Drenge

Genre: rock, garage.rock, post.punk

Torrents: torrents.php?id=72555110

Review:

Drenge’s brand of raucous, nihilistic, grungy garage punk is so thrilling, it’s har