Waffles Staff Picks - March Edition

Welcome to the March edition of the Waffles.fm Staff Picks. Please remember we do not look to balance genres or purposely seek out diversity - these are simply albums by bands that we love, and hope that you find something you enjoy as well. Note that each pick may be an individual track, or an entire album (for the purpose of the theme). In every case, however, the entire album will be FL.
Theme: Odd Love Songs

condon313

Artist: The Steinways
Album: Missed the Boat
This album is a whirlwind of boyhood crushes. 20 tracks in 20 minutes, these are lovesongs for the ADD afflicted.
Get It Here

icebox

Artist: The Soft Boys
Album: Underwater Moonlight
Song: Kingdom of Love
This lyric from Kingdom of Love:
you've been laying eggs under my skin
now they're hatching out under my chin
now there are tiny insects showing through
and all them tiny insects look like you!
makes it one of the best odd love songs ever. You put this on the mix tape, and a normal love interest will likely dump you. [Cheers for the abnormal!] smile emoticon Robyn Hitchcock was on fire in these sessions, and this is definitely one that you have to hear before you die. The best jangle pop record of the 1980s, if not the best ever. Other odd love songs here: I Got the Hots for You, Insanely Jealous.
Get It Here

izmo

Artist: Ice Choir
Track: Teletrips
The oddest thing about this is the release date of 2012. More like 1982.
Get It Here

kaishin521

Artist: Magnetic Fields
Album: 69 Love Songs
Song: Too Drunk To Dream
Get It Here

Woodenhead

Artist: Headstones
Song: Cemetery
She's embalmed in love juice
Get It Here

MidniteRockr
Artist: Agent Ribbons
Album: Chateau Crone
Song: I'll Let You Be My Baby
Lots of odd tracks, and this one seems to be a love song...
Get It Here

Sowilo

Artist: Various Artists
Album: Troubadours of British Folk, Volume One
Song: A.L. Lloyd - The Two Magicians
... She turned herself into a hare / And ran upon the plain, / And he became a greyhound dog / And fetched her back again. / Barking, “Bide lady, bide, there's nowhere you can hide, the husky smith will be your love and pull down your pride ...” / And she became a little ewe sheep / And lay all on the common, / And he became a shaggy old ram / And swiftly fell upon her. / Saying, “Bide lady, bide, ...” / She changed herself to a swift young mare / As dark as the night was black, / And he became a golden saddle / And clung unto her back. / Saying, “Bide lady, bide, ...” / And she became a little green fly, / A-flew up in the air, / And he became a hairy spider / And fetched her in his lair. / Saying, “Bide lady, bide ...” / Then she became a hot griddle / And he became a cake, / And every change that poor girl made / The blacksmith was her mate. / Saying, “Bide lady, bide, there's nowhere you can hide, the husky smith will be your love and pull down your pride ...”
Get It Here

lostsupper

Artist: Poison Idea
Album: Feel the Darkness
Song: Just to Get Away
A love song to a car.
Get It Here