From site's staff on their Facebook page:

Good morning folks!
As I start another day of updating passwords I thought I would just clarify some things about the validation email option:

1) Everyone needs to change passwords...they could not be imported with the rest of the site so no matter how many times you try your old one it will not work!
2)By far the best option is to go to the login page and click "Forgot Password", enter your email address and keep an eye on your spam filter.
3)The mail can take up to 1 hour to arrive and then only has a validity of 2 hours before the invitation expires...ie wait until you are going to be around before you send the request.
4)If you have sent multiple forgot password requests (unnecessary) and they all arrive at similar times it is only the last one that will work. The best plan is to only send 1, wait a couple of hours and then contact me if it doesnt arrive
5)Before you try and access the site, even to get the validation email sent, you should clear cache and cookies, reboot your PC and delete any TVC bookmarks from your browser.

Some of you obviously no longer have access to the emails you are registered with, or are unable to activate their emails and that is no problem, I can change your password manually, but with such a high volume of messages you could be waiting for many hours for a reply...yesterday I had a 6 hour backlog at the start of the day and finally managed to clear the inbox after a 12h marathon. This morning it is full again!
Once I have assigned a new password for you it is not possible to change it back on site...the password/email edit for members is one of the things that is not yet up and running and attempting to use it invariably has led to members being locked out again. This will be fixed shortly, but for the moment please keep the temp passwords.

As was the case yesterday, I can only reply to personal messages, not to comments on this or any other post on this page.
Please do not forget to include your username with any message.....without knowing who you are I can't help you (and having to open messages and reply asking for further details is a waste of everyones time!)

If you have not heard from me within a couple of hours please be patient....sending a follow-up message moves you up to the top of the inbox and I am working from the bottom up (so you will be waiting for even longer!). I will get to each and every one of you in turn.
I also cannot deal with any other site related issues or questions, only password changes. Once you are back on the site you can look for help there, but please don't flood the forums reporting every bug you find....we know that there is a lot to do, we just wanted to give you you access to your site with a minimum of delay and that meant going live before we were actually ready to do so.

If you have left me a message requesting a password change and later get in via the email please remember to let me know (or I will change your pass and you will be locked out again!)

For people wanting to join the site: Please do not send me messages....it will do you no good . Sign-up will reopen briefly in a week or 2 once the site is stable again. My only priority is getting the existing members back in at the moment (and cluttering up my inbox only delays that process).

Once you are back on the site please go to the home page and click on the green banner to read important information about the new site and changes

Thanks for reading...I hope to have you all back in by the end of today!

ps...please don't call me Sir, Mate or Fella...I am a lady!