TorrentShack: Torrent Shack

Hardware Upgrades And Site News. - 34 mins ago

The last week has been kind of hectic around here. Two sites ( TorrentBytes and Torrent-Damage) are on the verge of collapse and a fair few seem to be seeking refuge here at TorrentShack. Sadly this means that our beloved Gazelle is starting to struggle on our current hardware. It's done us proud since we opened the doors but it's now beginning to feel the strain.

We have been keeping a close eye on things over the last few days and the load is steadily increasing to the point where we feel the user experience will start to deteriorate to levels that we find unnacceptable.
The good news is that since donations have been simply overwhelming, we have significant funds available to put back into the site !

To keep things running smoothly we have opted for some far superior hardware to our current set up. It's a set up that we hope will see the site go from strength to strength and be able to cope with our ever expanding userbase. We hope to be able to make the swap to the new hardware with as little downtime as possible, but should we be unavailable at some point in the coming weeks, you will know why.

We also decided that we should upgrade the main race box for the site and as such we are currently waiting the arrival of our new 10Gbit server which should see a significant improvement to our already respectable Pre times and will likely be most noticeable on larger releases. It should see us win a few more races which is always welcome.

Just a couple of more things I would like to mention before I wrap this up.

With the new arrivals there has been an ever expanding list of things that people would like added to the site, or altered in some way. Well, we have a problem with that ! It's simply a lack of coders to carry out the tasks you are asking. So..... If anybody has any coding skills and would like to show off their talents and help move this site ever closer to perfection :whistle: then feel free to let us know. We could use your help !

On a slightly different topic, We were never meant to be an open sign up site and the longer we stay open, the longer I dislike it. With that in mind we will close open sign ups here at TorrentShack ( Register :: Torrent Shack )on the 4th August 2013 so please try and get everyone here that wants to be here If you have communitites you want to try and keep together, now is the time to get them in. When the doors close, invites will be available, but not in huge quantities.

On behalf of all the staff here I just want to thank you all for your support of this site, especially over the last week which has enabled us to take a few more steps in the right direction.

Post turned out slightly longer than I imagined ! Sorry

//Staff

Discuss it here