elebrate TheShow.bz's 2 year anniversary and win some ratio!

Details Here ~ http://theshow.bz/forums.php?action=...cid=960&page=1

Entry Deadline ~ December 12

Last month, TheShow.bz quietly turned two. Although we were a bit occupied with other matters and didn't get to acknowledge it on time, that doesn't mean that we can't do something to celebrate now!

In the past, we've held photo and video competitions, but this time we wanted to try something a bit different that, hopefully, will prove to be both helpful and fun for everyone.

When The Show opened its doors to the public, we had about 1,500 torrents. Today that number is over 5,300 and growing, which can make it a bit daunting to select the best of what we have, so in the interest of helping our current and future members, we pose the following question to you:

Which torrent downloaded from TheShow has helped you the most and why?

Since not all of our creative members are in the same field, we'll have winners in three categories: Filmmaking, Creative Writing and Photography.

1st place wins 8 GB
2nd place wins 5 GB
3rd place wins 3 GB

Additionally, everyone who participates will be awarded 1 GB of upload credit!

The rules:

1. Entries must be made in the following format:

Quote:
(Category) Torrent name - link
How it helped you.

Example:

(Filmmaking) Eve Hazelton - Lighting Masterclass http://theshow.bz/details.php?id=5043
I have a camera and access to some good local actors, but I didn't have access to a DP or the time to go through a 12 hour course with a short movie shoot coming up. Thanks to this torrent I was able to learn enough in under an hour to properly light my short, which did well in some local festivals and as a result I was able to network with some really talented people who want to work with me on future projects.

2. In order to get the 1 GB you have to actually write something helpful, though. Just posting the name of the torrent and link will not earn you the 1 GB.

3. This contest is for torrents from the educational categories:
3D Graphics / Animation
Acting / Improv / Comedy
Business / Distribution
Cinematography
Costuming
Creative Writing
Film / Video Directing
Film / Video Editing
Film History / Theory
Graphics / Photo Editing
Ideas / Mindset
Make-up
Photography
Prop Making
Screenwriting
Set Design / Dressing
Software / Tutorials
Sound Recording / Design
Stock Film / Video
Stock Music / Sound FX
Stock Photos / Illustrations
Theatre
Videography
Visual FX

Torrents from the new entertainment categories like Drama (scripted) and e: Celeb Talk Shows are not eligible.

4. Only one entry per member.

5. You have until midnight PST on Friday, December 12 to enter.

6. In another departure from previous contests, the judges will be you! After the deadline passes, a thread with a poll will be posted giving you a chance to vote for your fellow members and award the ratio prizes.

Have fun and lets see what we all learned from the site so far!