Hardware migration! Please read!

Due to the unprecedented success of our latest round of opening donations and the generosity of our users, we've decided that the time has come to migrate the site to better hardware! Honestly, this has been years overdue, and the new server should help the site run much faster than before, with plenty of space for continuing to expand in the future, as we keep adding more users and torrents.

This is tremendously exciting, and I hope everyone enjoys it!

We've scheduled the switch for this Friday, December 5, during the day (when the site is normally the most quiet). Both the web server and the tracker will be down for the duration, which shouldn't be more than a couple hours. DNS (the thing that tells your computer where, exactly, "sciencehd.me" exists) will also take some time to update and point to the new IP. The speed at which this will happen depends on your ISP, among other things, and could be anywhere from a few minutes to a day or so, before the domain begins to redirect to the new site. No need to worry if yours is slow! However, many torrent clients (cough cough rtorrent) cache DNS while they're running. This means that you may have to restart your torrent client after the switch on Friday, if you're able to see the site but all your torrents are red.

Also, if you're interested in helping to test out the new site before it goes live, hop on IRC, join #SciHD-test, and highlight me in that channel.