A Momentary Lapse of Reason

At 13:35 UTC the backend dropped off the net without warning. For a while, traceroutes were going nowhere.

While I was trying to contact the host, connectivity was restored and the backend went back to work at about 15:18 UTC. This opportunity afforded the chance to review that the database backups are all in order. And they are: an encrypted backup from yesterday is sitting on a remote server, so if the worst came to the worst there would have been less than a day's lossage.

In the meantime, I would like to point out that we are still having trouble with email. The server was supposed to be rebuilt, but hey, it will be done when it's done.

With that in mind, if you invite someone, send them the invite link so that they can create their account. If they don't receive the confirmation email, tell them to be patient and they will be able to log into the site within 24 hours.

Stay tuned, we have a summer announcement coming up. I had hoped to time it for the mid-year solstice, but, again, it will be done when it's done.

Discuss this post here